It is with great pleasure that we are able to jointly bring to you the Dentaurum Orthodontic Appliance Course 1 presented by Terry Whitty. He will be running a one day (8 CPD hours) Orthodontic Appliance Course which will include the Basic Theory of Occlusion and Malocclusion, components of the active plate springs, clasps, screws, wire types (wire bending techniques), acrylic techniques, finishing and polishing of the appliance and designing various types of orthodontic appliances. The course is limited to 10 people per class, and is designed to provide the participant with the maximum amount of individual tuition.
- Theory of occlusion and malocclusion
- Components of the active plate – springs, clasps, screws etc
- Wire types (Wire bending techniques)
- Correct use of acrylic, curing and finishing of the material
- Finishing and polishing
- Theory of basic orthodontic appliances and to be able to use this knowledge in designing various types of orthodontic appliances
- Dental Technicians
8:00am - 5:00pm
- Hand tools e.g. LeCron, marking pencils, saw, clamping tweezers etc.
- Pliers - Heavy Wire cutter, Adams, wire bending, Young loop forming, Aderer 3 Prong
- Basic acrylic trimming burs
- Safety Glasses, Laboratory coat
Phone (AU): 1300 880 782
Phone (NZ): 0800 336 828
Fax: 1300 880 982